Friday, July 11, 2003

I wish there was something to do.
There really isn't. There's nothing left to do now but wait. To sit and watch the people leave on the verge or in tears. This place is turning into a ghost town. Floor by floor the sucking sound of the economy follows the echo of their last footsteps along the hollow corridor. Everything must go! Everyone left is working for free or being paid off by a loan taken out with the bank. When your $30 million in the hole what's a little more? I don't even work for the company. I just rent space here. That's bad enough in this economy. With business down, to have to try to find space to rent. I need the support services that a law firm can offer. I don't have equipment or furniture. Right now clients are hard to come by. How can I afford outgoing expenses with out incoming revenue? I'm one of the lucky ones. How can I complain when friends on this floor are given 72 hours notice, no health insurance, no pension, no severance. Kind of puts it all into perspective. I have till the end of the month. If I have to hit the pavement to find new digs so be it. If I have to purchase all the equipment a business of a year and a half should already have then I have to. They are surviving, I can too.
There's just nothing to do. I can sit here with everything boxed up, hovering in towers, around my ears. I can only budget so much, with nothing to base anything on, for so long.
That's what we're all thinking.

So long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home