Saturday, December 09, 2006

gifts with strings

You know R never really asked me to marry him
right?

Last night (because it's been a HARD week on me) he
went into the other room to get me something to make me feel better.
As I had just wished him a happy St. Nick's day (thinking) it was St. Nicholas day when he handed me a Christmas wrapped book I thought nothing of it.

It was a beautiful journal. I opened it hoping he had written something. Inside was a typed page.

This is not a Christmas present
This is an engagement present
If you'll marry me

(yes I got all weepy)

R told me to keep going

He had hollowed out half the books pages in the middle
and put this ring in it.



This was the ring I had wanted as a wedding band
before he gave me his great grandmothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home