Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A day without sunshine is like...night

You knew it had to happen, it's just one of those things you never want to think about like your parents having sex. (Ewwww, I know shake it off). I was standing waiting for the bus when I see it coming I start squinting, in my blind bat way, to see if it's mine. What the hell does that say anyway. I make out the word "Bus" flash and then "Training". Yikes. I backed away from the corner. Here it is, rush hour, and someone is training to drive a double bus. One of those extra long ones. Two buses sewn together with the accordion in the middle that remind you of a catapiller as they role up on themselves turning a corner.

Later: On the right bus, driven by a "professional"
professional muttering under his breath as the bus gets more and more crowded. Curses girl as girl gets on, then off, then back on the bus because she's too busy talking on the cell phone to realize anything going on around her. Mutters more like a crazy person when door gets stuck and passengers trapped in back can't get off at their stop. Finally stops bus and gets off. I presumed he just got fed up and "went out for a smoke" never to return. No, apparently he went to the back door and banged it so hard to open that it wouldn't close. That means he can't go anywhere, that means we all have to wait for another bus to rescue us.
Wouldn't you know it...
"Bus"
"Training"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home