Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Healthy?

Well I don't know yet.
For almost all of my life (exclude the past 3 years) I have eaten VERY well and gotten plenty of exercise.
But I have smoked for 15 years and drink*, probably not what they would call moderately.
I have not been to a doctor in.... lets say, over a decade but under 2. I do not like doctors and they are expensive.
3 weeks ago hypochondriac-R went in because he had the plague and came back with severe allergies. While he was there R (who is younger than I am) got a panel done and his liver, kidney, blood pressure were fine but his cholesterol was high (HIGH). So I decided I should go to. I have insurance. So my date with the white coated minister-of-bad-news and evil-intent is tomorrow. Sunday I decided to quit drinking; you know let the body have a few days off.
Apparently the exchange for this was to begin eating and smoking like an ex-junky. Is it sweet? I’ll eat it. Oh my god I don’t have a lit cigarette, I’d better smoke another. Now, at night, after I get home, when I usually would have a lovely Woodford reserve on the rocks, now instead I have a headache.

Please don’t bother to tell me it is withdrawal. I thought about that too but I haven’t had any psychological symptoms so I doubt it. And don’t tell me I’m poisoning myself with nicotine and sugar because I would wake up with that headache too. I bet tomorrow that Dr. tells me I have allergies…and poor kidney and liver function, high blood pressure…but I bet my cholesterol is fine.


*Doctors need not comment, I have had constant lectures from doctors and (somewhat) loved ones for at least the past 10 years.

8 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your style!!!

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just found your blog. Interesting stuff.

If you feel like it, have a look at my site stress relief
There you will find stuff on stress relief.

Maybe that intrests you?

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger d.K. said...

Wow, the automatic blog "bots" found your site.

How old are you? I started exercising three years ago, stopped my more than moderate drinking two years ago, and stopped smoking over a year ago. I felt great. I had a complete physical, and my Cholesterol is HIGH, my kidneys are damaged, liver enzymes are elevated, testosterone was low, etc. But my blood pressure was great. I'm not overweight, but I'm paying the piper. When your number's up, your number's up. Good luck! (I'm 45) Ugh.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger saurav said...

Hey.....Though i don't drink regularly....but i can't quit smoking.....

just for fun :

A Minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday Sermon. Four worms were placed into four separate jars.
The first worm was put into a jar of alcohol.
The second worm was put into a jar of cigarette smoke.
The third worm was put into a jar of sperm.
The fourth worm was put into a jar of good clean soil.
At the conclusion of the Sermon, the Minister reported the following
results: The first worm in alcohol -- dead.
Second worm in cigarette smoke -- dead.
Third worm in sperm -- dead.
Fourth worm in good clean soil - Alive.

So the Minister asked the congregation -- "What can you learn from this demonstration?

A little old woman in the back quickly raised her hand and said; "As long as you drink, smoke and have sex, you won't have worms."

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah im the same hevent been to one in ages

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. good luck today.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Perdita said...

Well I'm off to be poked by needles.

Thanks for the spamming, pimping, comments, and concern. I'll let you know how it turns out.

What is are automatic blog "bots" anyway.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Perdita said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home