Thursday, September 15, 2005

The long and winding week

I haven't done this in a while, so I may be a little rusty. But I'm going to use this forum as a chance to vent, bitch, and bemoan my life.

I can’t remember the last weekend I had to myself. You know the kind of weekend we are talking about here. A weekend of underwear dwelling, TV watching, video game playing, good book curling, copious whiskey drinking, telephone ignoring, never leaving the house (except for the brief foray into the yard), while dish and laundry pile up, kind of weekend. And I’m so tired.
And I can only remember this month. Plan and take family vacation with mother, sister and R
–work week-
Drive to my mother’s city to take care of dying pet. Stressful days and sleepless nights spent while trying to keep a dog alive. Force feed and hydrate. Return.
Finding out family member died puts dog in perspective. Or I guess it
Drive opposite direction to go to conference for work in another state. Get lost, get stressed, spend day, drive home on dark and stormy night. Work work work go to evening event tonight.
This weekend I drive back to mothers house.
Next weekend I help a friend move. Then my dad will be up so I can drive him to visit his Aunt, the recent widow, in hospice. Followed by many many weddings.

I really need a vacation right now
Or some drugs, or some whiskey, or a little sumphen-sumphen.
so you can just give me some sympathy.

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger furyouhin said...

Just say no?

I know, it's laughable coming from me.

But perhaps you could arrive late, leave early and steal back some time for yourself, enough time to sit in the tub sipping a drink until your insides and out are good and pruney.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home