Thursday, April 13, 2006

Adventures in house hunting

So we’re moving? We’re not moving? We’re in a bit of limbo and that’s all we know. The new owners may let us stay for a while, while they continue buying up the whole block. Then again, they may not. But banking on either (or neither) doesn’t let me get proper sleep.
I can’t remember the last time my brain was overloaded with information, my body so stressed out and my fretting so useless. Maybe it was when I was attempting the last job hunt/ city move/ divorce combo.

Suburbs have reasonably priced houses (sort of) with yards, high taxes, long commutes, improbable public transit, and adorable little downtowns that make me want to vomit. R says I say “Adorable” like Homer would say “Flanders” It is a Flanders feel.

City houses with yards seem to be hell and gone from anywhere we really want to be north, south, east or west sides. So far, while finding these little “Gems in the rough” we have been asked what we were doing in the neighborhood, offered drugs, money for the white girl or a combination of both and R was bitten by a damn dog that got away from the owner.

I just got an email between R and the current LL about the buyers and the only line I could focus on was
“they want to close the deal probably on April 27 which is 2 weeks from today....”
It’s just so Über-real.

4 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Stormieweather said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Perdita said...

Thanks Stormie

 
At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody reads your blog .... :sigh: ....

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Stormieweather said...

Sorry about that! I was having Blogger/computer problems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home