Thursday, March 15, 2007

Joey, baby - don't get crazy

Growing apart seems to come in cycles. Elliptical as the orbit in the solar system. I wonder what it is that causes our dance in rotation twisting and drifting through all our degrees. Is it because we all have our own pulls, because we are the center of our own individual systems? We can weather disagreements, divorce, disillusionment and still come back to the closest point without completely breaking free. Distance, most often, is the deadly killer. Too far away and surrounded by too many new systems. I have learned this, learned to expect and accept it. Still there is a sadness in growing apart, usually unrealized until the shocking revelation that the orbits are broken.

Joey and I use to be roommates. Joey and I use to be vacation buddies. Joey and I use to be confidants. Joey and I were everything.

Yesterday I emailed him and jokingly asked if he was married yet.
He’s been married for a month.

"I know you've heard it all before
So I don't say it anymore"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home