Monday, January 22, 2007

It must have been something in the air.

When I opened up my email this morning I had about 12 emails from my mom that were just recipes.

This weekend I sat down with my new Fanny Farmer cookbook, well it’s new to me. It’s quite fascinating, from start, explanation of the chemical processes (I FINALLY get what “cream of tartar” powder is for) that occur in food during cooking, to finish, with 1880’s advertising in the back. Oh yeah and there are helpful household tips and recipes in there too.

Having this book has made the way I have always cooked easier. I don’t think I have ever followed a recipe exactly. I have always used them as more of a suggestion. But here is a book that can break stuff down into is most basic form. That makes substitution and manipulation very easy.
I spent the weekend cooking all sorts of yummy-ness.
I also created a marrion berry and port wine sauce that is almost perfect (needs a little more work) and fantastic on venison steak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home