Monday, June 20, 2005

Laugh out loud

Sometimes you just can't help it.
Today for example I was on the street when one of those heavy thumping loud music cars drove up. Why they think it's their duty to entertain the people and traffic as they drive I'll never know. I suppose if you were driving around and didn't have a radio of your own you might appreciate this public service, assuming you were going the same place and could match the speed of the usually pimped out car, and the guy (gangster or wannabe) didn't decide you were posing a threat and decide to shoot you. I'm not trying to stereotype cars, but...Actually I am. The Trucks and the country music, the beat up dodges or VW's and the grateful dead, the MG's or Trans Ams and the heavy metal, the caddies or BMW's and the Rap, the (borrowed)Vans, station wagons, the Volvos and the le Barrons blasting the latest boy/girl band.
But I look across the street and see the whitest white guy walking down the street apparently enjoying the music. As is expected, of really white white guys and rap, his dance is comical and seems to just encompass his shoulders. Like the music is pulling him along. Beat first one shoulder jerks rippling down to the hand beat then the other beat beat each leg taking 2 beats to move one step. This guy has rhythm, totally comical rhythm, but he definitely is using the beats. Shoulder, leg-leg, shoulder. Pause shoulder shoulder leg-leg, shoulder, leg-leg. The light changes and the bumping car begins to slowly pull away. The driver has noticed this guy too. I'm not sure if he finding this as amusing as I am or if perhaps he thinks this dude is mocking his music (which is what I would be doing). Mock 'em till they look. Obviously they want my attention, right? So I begin the headbanging, drum solo, pumping or grooving (depending on the music) till they look. ...What? I was just fixing my hair, doing car aerobics, oops I dropped my cigarette, I'm not doing anything giant mad looking red neck, I was just looking straight ahead. I SWEAR!
The guy keeps walking that way after the car has gone.
Oh my gosh, I'm going to hell. I just laughed at some poor guy with a twitch.
All the sudden he's the coolest whitest white guy.
After all he's got rhythm, and the best excuse for being a bad dancer ever.

You call that dancing?
Actually no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home