Friday, July 15, 2005

I did it all for the cookie

Yeah, the cookie!
I love those little folded golden brown things. Perfect with the hot tea to finish up a meal I just had boxed up because I will eat the rest probably as soon as I get home. But these perfect after dinner delicacies also come with a bit of wisdom. Perfect for starting inane closing up dinner conversations ending fortunes with ...and then you die (though most prefer "in bed"?).
My sister collects the things. She has so many fortunes that I have often thought it would make for an awesome and confusing ticker-tape parade. I have even kept 2 in my wallet for years.
You will always get what you want through your charm and personality
and
Cleverness is serviceable for everything, sufficient for nothing.
I once demanded another cookie from the waiter. I was so disappointed with the fortune I got, and really I wanted another cookie for later. I told the waiter I wanted a new fortune, he laughed and went to get me another. Later that night when I opened it I discovered it was empty. So I now am convinced that they had a box full of cookies marked "for complainers of fortune". Recently relaying this story to Chinese friend I was also informed receiving no fortune in you cookie is very bad luck...and then you die.


Star Wars Geek gets up in cookies grill and resents lecture from a bite-sized confection

cookie proves false

Even people who think in ten-word sentences get writers block

3 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Johnny Menace said...

i would like to see pestimistic cookies. Open them up "you will never win the lottery", "your pet will die", "your co-workers are smarter than you".

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Jude the Obscure said...

Perdita, you may enjoy the reading on this site: http://aldaily.com
Can'do a link in your comments box for some reason.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Perdita said...

LOL
I like the idea of pessimistic cookies...so sweet and yet so mean...maybe we could call them "girl logic cookies"

Hmm I do have an older site (even though I upgrades about a year ago, I wouldn't be surprised if that was why one cant post a link...
But thanks for it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home