Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Baptism of Tears on their ears

When I was young and scared
Young enough to remember but speech impaired
You were stuffed and they were blue
They were my first choice for tissue.

The loud noises chased us up the stairs
We hid, flinching further into the cubbyhole with each flare
I hugged you crying leaving you streaked with moist tracks
And you made me laugh as you shook, showering me back.

The wracking howl of brokenhearted grief was never meant to share
But you would pace back as I gulped for air
the silkiness of an offered ear as you leaned your head
was like cool water on eyes cried and rubbed so red.

I sat there crying for you and found myself tear to ear
Tears for you before you go, christened you here
The moment, how ever accidental it may be,
Reminded, and will always remind me
How softly every ear was bent
How helpfully every ear was lent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home