Thursday, December 01, 2005

She's too smart for my own good

I have to start off by saying I'm sorry.
This is another dog post. No wait it gets better. Wait for it.

So Goethe hasn't been, uh, regular.
And she's been stubborn about it.
I've even brought home her poop and put it in the backyard to no avail. There is nothing better than taking your dog to the run so she can poop just so you can pick it up, the warm semi-solid mass, in a plastic bag and take it back home to your own yard. The perfectly good yard right outside your door. The yard you just had to have in the city where yards are scarce so you could move your dog in.

Wednesday night I swore I wasn’t taking her to the run. If she wanted to go she could damn well use the back yard. I didn’t take her on Thursday morning and when Thursday night (all snowy and windy and cold) I was on my way out and promised that I was gonna play, maybe walk but we were NOT going to the run. We played for ½ an hour and then went for a walk. I let her chose the way. At each corner I’d ask her which way she’d look around hesitating not use to being given control and then pick a direction. Now the run is S.E. of my house and she started out going south. Crossed east. Then back west. And about half way down the block she stopped. One paw up in the air registering her hesitation she looked back at me, looked ahead, put her paw down and went back the way we had just come.
At this point in my head I had quit vowing I was not taking her to the dog run and began to think, well okay if you can find it.
Do I need to finish the story of the walk? Or can we just skip to the part where after 48 hours she drops a pile in the dog run with me saying “Alright you win!”
I bag up the poop for the yard in hopes she will get it, but knowing that she has me trained.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Stormieweather said...

This proves how smart dogs are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home