Friday, November 18, 2005

Did you just call me a fat alcoholic?

I believe my mother is trying to tell me something lately in her emails.

Squeezing Alcohol Into Your Diet
You know that sugary sodas and juice drinks can add a lot of unnecessary calories to your diet, but what about alcoholic drinks? Here's a basic guideline: Alcohol has 7 calories per gram and is metabolized in your body like fat. It has no vitamins or minerals, so those calories are "empty," meaning that they don't provide your body with any nutrients. Except sweet blissful escape Alcohol can affect your weight-loss efforts in several ways. It can reduce your self-control, which can lead to overeating, and it can contribute to hypoglycemia. If you take insulin or other medications that can cause very low blood glucose, you'll always need to eat a meal or a snack with alcohol. can do!

These factors, unfortunately, can slow your weight-loss or even contribute to weight gain. If you are trying to lose weight by cutting calories, it is better to choose foods that are a good source of vitamins and minerals, as opposed to the "empty" calories from alcohol. Where is this alcohol diet of wich you speak and WHY dear God, why am I just now hearing about it? When you do order a drink, however, choose wisely. Always go for the top shelf stuff A 12-oz light beer, 1-oz of liquor mixed with diet soda or water, or a 5-oz glass of wine contains about 100 calories. Some of the highest calorie alcoholic beverages, on the other hand, are made with cream. Uh, Duh A 6-oz serving of a White Russian or a Grasshopper blech contains 450 to 500 calories. If you also have snacks or other food with alcohol, it is easy to see why alcohol can put the brakes on your weight-loss plan!

When you do decide to drink, always do so in moderation, and choose drinks that are lower in calories. Your health — and your waistline — will thank you for it.
Maybe, but I have a better relationship with my sanity and my (hemm) fortified sense of humor, self worth, and other humanity my way. Whens the last time my health and waistline did anything for me?

3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i drink lots of alcohol but never seem to gain any weight....I WANT A BEER GUT

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger furyouhin said...

Bah, alcohol is not at all metabolized in one's body like fat, at least not in the pure biological sense of the process. I can't recall when I've ordered a drink by the gram, either. Maybe in Munchkinland.

What did you write back, 'Cheers!'?

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Perdita said...

Boogaloo
Shut up, you are still young.

Furyouhin
I sent her an invitation to my binge drinking party

 

Post a Comment

<< Home