Monday, October 31, 2005

Sorry, no party AND a boring post

I feel exhausted.
This weekend I managed to scour the bathroom. I Sprayed and I scrubbed. I threw the dusty plastic bins in the dishwasher and bleached the grout between the tile on the floor. That is one clean and almost sterile room.
I also managed to realize the piles in the bedroom, of clean laundry and clothes needing to be hung up, were insurmountable. I cleaned out the mud-room because I knew the more I cleaned the more storage space I would be needing.
Course I may have to make it the smoking room for the party, just incase someone does bring their kids.
R and I gave up on having a Halloween party this year. It came up too fast on the heels of 2 solid months of social engagements and a world series. We decided to have a pre-season party. Invite everyone to get into shape for the marathon that is the Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years. So the place has to be cleaned. R did offer to get a cleaning service in. But there is the old problem of having to be able to find the floor to clean it. Hopefully I can get it done next weekend. A friend will be in town with her friends the weekend of the 11th and then it’s our party, then Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years.
R:"What do I say if people want to bring their kids?"
Me: "Gee, have we come to this?"
R: "I think so"
Me: "It would be rude to say no if the actually ask. But those would be your breeder friends anyway"
R:"mmrrph"
Me: "I suppose it would be too much hire a coat check and a kid check for the front door"


We did go out bike riding on Saturday and Sunday. It was a lovely weekend and we couldn’t justify staying in. Saturday we needed hair cuts and lunch. R has not had good luck with the el-cheep-o-cut’s and I had noticed this little salon and had seen the “stylists” out in front often enough that I was able to stereotype them as gay. I had already come to the conclusion that was what was wrong with the other barbers. Since R’s hair is a little long, the females who have cut his hair left him looking a bit girlish. Obviously what was needed was someone use to cutting men’s hair. It turned out much better. I went ahead and got mine cut too. I said 4 or 5 inches and when the guy was done he didn’t want me to look at the floor. It’s a good length. Shorter but still wrap-able (bun-able) and not so long I’ll find it tucked into my waistband anymore. Of course that was just his first test. I better give hairdressers tests before I walk in somewhere and tell them I’d like to try my hair short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home