Wednesday, October 19, 2005

death, diease, lottery, crack

My computer died. No, I didn't drop or kick or drop-kick it.
It died of loneliness. I left it on and it was tired of being ignored, I guess, because when I came back it was dead.
It was in a batch that had been recalled for some disease or other so I got a new power…coil no, no that’s an engine…relay (I think). I guess it was like the lottery in that some of us’ns got crappy computers. But they did fix it for free. So I’m back and supposedly “nothing” is missing from my files. I’ll just have to believe them as I have too many files to check. I wonder what embarrassing thing they found to joke about. You know during a job there always has to be some crack at another’s expense. Turn it into a running joke and before you know the job is done. It’s usually at the clients expense whether it is the server to the kitchen about your order, or the sales clerk about you grunting in the dressing room, or the consultant while writing out the invoice. I just wonder what I was for them. Now I DO have to look through all my files.


All but the vacation, eh Johnny?

2 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Stormieweather said...

Now I'm worried about what could be on my computer - my work computer that is.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Johnny Menace said...

you should slow down on the crack though.... ease back into it slowly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home