Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Just a Taste

Almost everyone I have spoken to about planning a wedding is all like "Oooo how FUN!"
At first I could dismiss it: "but your male, or unmarried, or it happened so long ago you can't really remember... can you?"
But now these younger married people are chiming in and all I could do was put on my duh face as MY reality and THEIR reality tore at each other between my ears. Careful not to slip on the puddle that was my brain

Then last night we did our food tasting for the reception. There was no stress. The Chef made us extra things he thought we might like based on what we had chosen. The waiters brought us complimentary drinks. The planner met briefly and made extra accommodations for our reception. Then the Chef brought us stuff he had made for this other wedding (there was another couple somewhere in the restaurant for a tasting).

Maybe if we had been more into shopping: spaces, foods, pastries, clothes, jewelry and whatever all else. Maybe it would have been all kinds of fun.

The tasting was all sooooo good. I felt Sooooo pampered. Maybe I understand what they are all fussing about.
I know this was just a taste but I'm not sure my special, special day will be able to compete now.
It may be as tasty, but I doubt it will be stress free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home