Friday, June 01, 2007

Well it’s been a fun couple of weeks.
First off R and I were sick. Fever, followed by colds of plague like proportions. I was so sick if I’d had the energy I’d have gone to the doctor, and I’ve done that already in the past 5 years.

Due to that I missed out on a rare occasion to get together with my favorite party people.

I lost a friend. I don’t know what to do about that. I’m trying the inactive “given time and space” I don’t think it’s going to work.

And I found another old friend, or rather he found me.
I’m rather excited about this reunion. Bouf was always a special guy. He could move from clique to clique and hang out with the girls without restrictions. Probably this A-sexual treatment was not what he wanted during those trying high school years but he managed to spite it anyway. He was brilliant but only seemed to actually work on his VW’s. He was unassumingly sweet and surprisingly saucy (yum). But most of all he was the kind of fellow you want to put in your pocket.

Now friend from the past is on the west coast and (as corrected when I called him Mr.) “That’s Dr. to you”. It’s been 10 years since we saw each other last and we talked on the phone for over an hour. Rolled right back into it. That’s what I want in a friend. The kind of person, no matter how long it has been, you always feel at ease with.

Today I leave work early to drive to Bean town. We have a tasting tonight for the wedding part of this madness. Food, booze, fabric, cakes, etc. with the in-laws and try not to worry about the cost.
Then over to my mum’s to plant and garden and clean. Then follow that up with a graduation party for one of my 3rd or 4th cousins that my mom thinks I HAVE to go to, then back in time to join the other set of in-laws and bro/sis in-law after dinner for R’s birthday.
Then sleep for a few hours and back to work on Monday.
See ya then

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home