Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bathtub

R discovered a great place. 1500 sqf in a GREAT youthful, happening part of the city within our price range. It's a block away from the theater and 2 blocks from my favorite wine bar.
me: so what's wrong with this place?
R: I know, it sounds too good to be true
me: Parking?
R: no, but they said they had 2 cars and neither had to park more than a block away

We head into the neighborhood and there are parking spots everywhere. R is excited about this place and it's a little contagious. We walk a block and we discuss how great it would be to be in the middle of all this. The place which looks like a store front, not unusual in a business district area. 3 bay-ish windows face the street. Inside hardwood floors, tiny little dining room (but my table would fit without it's leaves) reasonable kitchen with older everything and a bathroom with a huge shower.
2nd floor down stairs (mind the giant closet). Nice looking cheaper faux-wood flooring. French doors to one bed room. Regular door to the other HUGE room that leads back to the laundry room (an actual room with side by side actual washer and dryer) more huge closets and a storage space.

R's back has been bothering him so we hobbled home and he soaked in the tub while we talked it over
R: It really was as big as it boasted.
me: and projects and improvements we can do
R: With 2 levels even if it were a big project we could live there
me: I just wish it had more than 2 opening windows, and most of the space wasn't in the basement
R:Yeah, that kinda sucked. I wish it had another bathroom downstairs
me: how do we vent the basement with no windows
R: quit smoking
me: Um, no. And I meant the cat box. It can't be upstairs
R:We're smart people. They make febreze. Go run the budget-ometer on it

As I input the figures R hollers to me. Am I crazy or was there no tub
That, plus we found out it would be an hour commute for me, deal breakers.

R emailed me. He found another place

R: doesn'’t look that bad, right but wait
bathtub
IS THAT A BATHTUB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM?
He is so impossible to please

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home