Wednesday, June 28, 2006

We’re getting married

The girl who said never & the boy who couldn’t even commit to a major in college. The 2 voted most likely to NOT.
It was so romantic. So hearts and flowers, so very… “us” He looked into my eyes and said “I’ve been thinking it’ll be easier on taxes for the mortgage if we are” and I looked into his and said “I was thinking the same thing. And I hear we can bridal-register our mortgage” We looked at each other, smothered a giggle and said, “I guess were getting married”.

That was something like 2 months ago, I don’t remember the date, sad I know. I should remember the date we got engaged. But we were (are) trying to find a home.
“When are we going to tell everyone?”
“We’ll have to tell them all at the same time.”
His parents being divorced need to constantly feel on equal footing with their sons “Remember how mad dad was when my brother got married in a courthouse before the wedding? I think he was maddest because mom knew when he called to rant to her.”
So I guess we could say it was the…uh…June 3&4 it was the first time we could get all our immediate family in the same town to tell them, under the auspice of his belated birthday. We stopped by my parents house, spent the afternoon. “Uh momma you know how you keep saying you want to adopt R? Well we’ve decided to make it easy on you. We’re getting married.”
Silence.
She should be over-joyed that I am no longer going to be living in sin.
“Well that would be cheaper than adoption” well at least she said something. My sister sat there, looking a little like she did right before she passed out in the emergency room. She said after she got done waiting for the punch line, and realized I wasn’t joking she went into shock. But the color came back into her face and there were many hugs and “Congratulations” from my dad and sister. Then suddenly my sister took charge, where, what colors, etc. “Whoa, all I know is who and when. Give me some time.” We chatted about it some more and than we said we had to be off. “Two more households to deliver this news to” I looked at my mom “Surprised?”
When R told his brother he flat out refused to believe it. “I’ll believe it when I see the ceremony” But other than that everyone was happy. I swear his dad almost cried.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger furyouhin said...

Yay, you're back!

heh re the tax consequences and congratulations ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home