Friday, September 15, 2006

The war of where continues

I wonder if every couple has the misconception that the wedding day is their day. This may explain why, by the time the day arrives, the groom is usually plastered and the bride has proclaimed it is ALL about her a million times.

So far I have been told, who is signing my certificate, who my bridesmaids are going to be, what my dress will be made out of; then there is the ongoing argument about where it will be, who will be attending, how much I am spending.

I have acquiesced for the most part, because, what does it really matter? I, pardon me, WE keep putting our collective foot down about the where and I swear it goes in one ear and out the other with the mothers. They insist on offering other options. My mother keeps insisting she won’t be comfortable and will not be there. And all of them are convinced we are spending too much, not that they have once asked what we are planning on spending, and I will NOT be offering up that information since no one is offering to help pay for it, which for the record I did not expect nor feel slighted about. But since we are paying don’t we get to decide all this stuff?

I can’t wait till we start on the guest list and the food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home