Tuesday, June 05, 2007

That's not what I thought it was

The high fever gone, the horrid cold blown, drugged and drained into submission, the throat still very sore. Very swollen, very red.
I tried all the usual remedies. Hot tea, throat spray, slowly sliding bourbon over the offensive area (hard but not impossible to do to tonsils).

Having tried all these (and many more) this weekend while visiting the in-laws (Dr. Dad) I made a point to tell the Dr. he had to look at my throat and let me know if I should go to a doctor (he refuses to treat family, which is fine as I refuse to see doctors). He asked if I had taken any antibiotics yet. Uh, no. I haven’t gone to see a doctor yet, that’s why I want you to look at it. Tell me if I NEED to see a doctor. I reminded him of this twice and even made a special trip by his house, but it never got done and Sunday I was feeling a little *better so I said, awww screw it.
As of yesterday I am regretting that. The swollen bulgy node like things on the side of my neck encouraged me to find a mirror and a flashlight. I now realize this Yuck is out of control.
Sure red and swollen but the spots ore not supposed to be there. Even I know that.

So Dr. if you wouldn’t mind calling me back and letting me come into the office so you can tell me if it’s Strep or Tonsillitis, and then we can most likely do nothing about it seeing as I have had it for a week and am no longer contagious, that would be awesome.



* It could have been due to the little flakey leftover crumbled bits of Vicodin I rubbed on my gums as I chopped them up into halves and quarters for my mom to dose her for her painfully immobile arm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home