Tuesday, July 10, 2007

28 Days

… From now

Hopefully, there will not be zombies. But should that be the case, we will at least be near our chosen fortress for the zombie apocalypse.
28 days from now this will mostly be over. There will (mostly) be nothing else we can do. In 28 days we will be married and past the point of planning, or caring.

It is all about the little stuff now. The final invitations, with little RSVP cards, went out. I verified we WILL have a photographer for the wedding. Over the weekend we got R’s suit, tie, shoes, and ring. Yesterday we went in search of island attire for him. Then he suggested we actually book a honeymoon. Another thing I’m tired of thinking about. We have moved from riding the rail in Europe (2 $ to 1 € made that QUITE improbable), elegantly roughing it in a rainforest (requiring too much organization to plan), finally settling on a “Package” that required less thought and organization but more money and sunscreen (also they promised me there would be no children). So that’s done now. We didn’t actually plan a budget for the honeymoon, its all wedding/receptionS. That made fudging the numbers a little easier. Maybe the receptionS will be cheaper than we thought. Maybe we’ll get enough dead presidents to ease the burden. Maybe we’ll have to raid the property tax account.
It’s done. That is the important thing.

What’s left?
My dress has not been started. My shoes have not arrived. Flowers have not been ordered. My hairstyle has not been thought of. We don't have a hotel booked for after* the wedding. No one really knows what the “wedding” plan is except (I HOPE) for R’s dad and step mom.
I’m sure I’m forgetting things. As I said it’s the small stuff that falls through the cracks. The devil is in the detail. I can vouch that a wedding is nothing but detail.


*R and I stay at our respective parents houses whenever we are in town. We believe they will expect this behavior to continue after the wedding. I think our wedding night MIGHT be asking too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home