Monday, June 25, 2007

It’s true I have fallen thru the cracks and gotten lost

This week was a visit from the infamous
Poppa’san


A couple days turned into a week. I have to go exchange his ticket at the train station today and I just hope I can (in the age of tightened security) otherwise it crack o’ dawn at the station tomorrow.

He’s found all the nearby restaurants and this weekend went to 2 parties. The mans got more of a social life than I do. Today he’s off to visit another friend and hopefully when he lights his cigar he’ll make sure the stove burner is off.

Got a call from my best friend (matron of honor). She passed up an off Broadway role to be in my wedding. Geewhiz, I get the guilt without even being offered the satisfaction of getting to be the bigger person.

R compounded the stress of last week with job offers.
Apple called him out of the blue. Wait, didn’t we just go through this a year ago? Yeah, like while we were trying to buy the condo. But it seems their timing is good for him. He is angrily spinning his little cog-like wheels in his current job, and feeling less and less useful Hey, you there, monkey. Go fix that glitch we made by hiring an outside team to do what we could have done using our resources
So he lining up a bunch of ducks and may go shooting them. I still feel a bit insecure in all this, but 2 offers are at least in town and not 2000 miles away.
How would that be for a first year of marriage?
I’ll stay here with a Condo I can’t afford while we try to sell and enjoy the last golden moments of a job I like while you live in a cardboard box in Cali.

Oh, yeah. I’m so far beyond stress right now almost nothing can touch me.
*knocks on wood*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home