Friday, August 03, 2007

I wouldn't dare title this: "The last issue"

Time line, catering and cost.
The three final things you need to know about a reception.

Well, they got one out of three right.
I spent today (count down to wedded bliss, 5 days) trying to get the final papers from the Events Coordinator. I called 3 days ago with the final head count (whatever, I sent her a random number) and asked for the final figures, timeline and menu. I emailed today as a reminder, and paper trail*, asking for the final info. It finally came, I looked at it and the menu is perfect. I have such good taste.
But the time line seems to start an hour later than the invitations I sent out stated. I froze up for a moment, opened the desk drawer looking for a “save the date” saw it said the time I thought it was Supposed to be, called R to make sure I wasn’t crazy and emailed back to the Events Coordinator.

“I will amend the start time on the time line. Just wanted to check, since the bar package is for three hours what time would you like to open the bar?.”

Okay, deep breath. I am freaking out. Why am I freaking out? It’s not a… It’s a HUGE deal! Almost like thinking you wont have a dress**. Okay but really would I be freaking out like this for one of the thousands of other events I have done came back with time and cost issues? Yes.
And what I usually do in these situations is call and threaten and yell. I better call R to do this. He’s busy with his fun “Last Day” . When I called I had to track him down on his cell phone. Bebopping as usual. Damn him, so unfair. But even with my exausted harrumphing at him, he solved it. That’s what he do. That’s why he’s mine. Mwahahaha!


*I’m big on paper trails
.
**It was really touch and go, and I will not get to really see it or try it on till the day before the wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home