Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Sweet and the pretty much not

I had never told my S-in-law how great she was. How her husband, kiyote* blossomed, how she accepted me from the start for who I was in spite of what I had been (that takes a very mature secure person) and I had waited too long to tell her only recently looking for the opportunity. How do you find the right moment to tell your sister in law you love her while avoiding drunken lesbotronic episodes? So I wrote her. Well I’m on this sappy kick of thank you notes from the wedding. For some reason I’m writing love letters telling them how I “FEEL”. She responded in kind thanking me and saying she got all weepy (one of the minor goals of a love letter). But I think, or hope, our relationship can grow now. After the wedding was over kiyote told me S-in law thought I was mad at her. Neither of us knew why and I had to play it like he’d said nothing to me. I smoothed it over before the reception but I guess that’s what comes of not really knowing where you stand. I am not the freest with my thoughts and unquestionably not with my emotions (scary or saccharin, either way frightening).

*I have never been able to call him that but what the hell, making up nom de guerre is a hard job


I didn’t spend the long weekend compiling moments of the wedding reception, and at this point I’m not sure I’ll ever get to it. But who cares really as long as we all had a god ‘ol time. My father came to visit. R and I exchanged looks over this, but what could we say? Yo’ pops, I know you’re gonna be in the area but don’t you think in-laws visiting the newlyweds should not happen with in the first month of the wedding? Yes, I know that is exactly what I should have said, but I couldn’t and neither could R. I mean it was okay, we killed the possibility of other plans, and my father’s copious amounts of complaints (joking or not) found me humorless and by this morning edgy, but he didn’t really put us out.
It’s just when will we get our rhythm back? When will we find ourselves board on a weekend chomping at the bit to be social? However our next 3 weekends are already scheduled and 2 of them involve long drives to visit… family


pen names replace long, difficult, or uninteresting names

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home