Thursday, June 02, 2005

What's this do? Noooooo......

In the movies, I am definitely the one people are always saying
"Don't touch the...Nooooooo"

There is this "Next Blog" button at the top of most Blogger pages and well being a sucker for buttons (hey look a something that does something) I'm randomly looking at other peoples blogs.
Don't open this at work...
Suddenly I was frightened about what blogs might contain. Until now I only knew that there was poor writing, abrasive opinions and even some good humorous "day in the life" type stuff. I looked hastily around the office, I could have closed the window, but instead I clicked "Next Blog". When what should come up but a perimenopausal hormones sex journal. What sort of land had I stumbled into? Where were all the 13 year old's cute or annoying blogs. Where had the life of a college student or see how cool my life/vacation is/was?
Then it got really surreal. There were Ad blogs. Entire blogs of trying to sell me things. I wonder, what person would look for an on line education or penny stock info in Blogger. I pushed the red button again and again. Well I have to stop this.

Just one last thought. Michael Gartenberg maybe right in the observation that "If Watergate we're happening today, the Nixon tapes would be MP3's and downloaded as podcasts. Deep Throat would have used email and of course Woodward and Bernstein would be bloggers." Why else would the Washington Post have a BLOG?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home