Friday, September 29, 2006

That’s it…wedding’s off

But Veruca darling…

Apparently I want what she’s got.
My dearest friend just called me, laughing
Wanna know how the rumor mill goes?
So I want a big wedding with flowers and cake and sweetmeats and all the all. I want it to be expensive and fancy and I want it in biggest city I can find. My justification? Between my kicking and demanding I’m justifying this because “SHE” had a big fancy wedding.

She tried to talk me down, telling me to make it my own...


Here’s the funny thing.
I don’t CARE! Aside from it being very hard to plan a wedding in a different city (cause I’ll be damned if my mom is getting control) and our friends are here, I couldn’t care less.
I never had any expectations or dreams of this day.
R want’s to have here and, gee, since I don’t care here it is, or was.
Neither of us want all the pomp and circumstance. I can’t believe I’m getting a reputation for wanting it all.
I’m not doing this anymore if that’s how it’s gonna play out.
But what did I expect? I mean OBVIOUSLY the groom has no say in the matter of the wedding day. I called R.
~That’s it. I’m out. You plan it!

If I get married in BeanTown it will be immediate family only. Because, I don’t know anyone else there. And my matron of honor might want to decline so she can have the time to take off for the party we’ll have to have here if we do get married in BeanTown. How much FUN is a wedding without your friends? I bet it’s lots and LOTS!

But elopement is looking less and less dangerous. Sure sister will kill me because of the dress, R's parents will be sad/mad, mine…who the f' knows, and I won’t have any pictures, but I’ll still have my sanity… And ALL that money I’m spending on the behemoth of all behemoths of a wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home