Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Vignette

This kitchen window is so hard to open and close, I miss the old one.

Yeah, I know me too. This one doesn’t sound the same. I’m use to the reverberating rattle when banged on followed by the muffled yet distinct shout for attention then the quick shunk as it flew open to deliver a reprimand of some sort. We laugh as I imitate the scene that has played over a million times including sound effects. She phrases it oddly. Telling me: She thought we didn’t think she loved us.
My automatic response is to say No, no. I just thought you were trying to convince me I was crazy. And we grow quiet having dropped this subject so many times neither of us willing to rehash the past and ask the questions once burning now barely even smoldering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home