Thursday, July 28, 2005

I think that officially makes me the dumbest person in the office

I was expecting an important call, but the CEO, Pres and SR VP wanted to meet with me in my office.
I was on a roll. Waxing profound and discussing how I thought the project should be presented. The phone rang and I turned to the CEO (who knew I was expecting the call) and said, excuse me, flung my hair to the side in that oh so sexy, yet professional, way so it wasn't between my ear and the important call. Picked up the phone and smacked myself in the eye with the receiver.

I think I'’m getting a black eye



ps I have decided to add a flavor of the second
see ...either shut up or get cut up, they don't wanna hear about it "it's only inches on the reel-to-reel"

7 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quick, change the story so that it ends with the CEO saying, "that's the dumbest project idea I ever heard in my life!" and you saying, "Oh yeah? Come over here and say that!" and then a big brawl, you get the black eye but he has to go to the hospital with serious head trauma.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I must tell you that you were my joke of the morning, thank you. That brings about my question. Did the CEO, Pres and Sr. VP manage to not laugh out loud? Just snicker? Or just cringe with sympathetic pain?
It is good to know that there are other clutzes in the world. And take heart, at least you did it in front of fellow workers and not clients.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger furyouhin said...

eye hate when i do that.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Johnny Menace said...

your going to take a picture of it right?

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Perdita said...

Well I suppos Anonymous has a better story. I think that's the one I'll tell in the bar.
As for their reactions:
One laughed, then asked if I was okay
one (intake of breath) "seeehhh" and winced
The CEO looked at them. I think he missed the "punch" line
4uhin...that was almost as painful a poke in the eye.
As for the pic Johnny. I'd say I don't have a camara, but I'm sure I'll have a lot of offers

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Herge Smith said...

Did you say something quick and very witty after you did it? Like - God damn!! that really really hurt!?

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Perdita said...

I tried to play it off.
Tho' I did milk it the rest of the day as it became obvious

 

Post a Comment

<< Home