Thursday, August 04, 2005

Oh yeah I got your "...absolute secrecy and personal courtesy" right here buddy

I got my first chance to make money, or rather one of the scam emails which I have heard so much about

Feel free to email this guy back. No really I insist.
"paul guei" paulguei3@myfamily.com

Dear Sir,

I apologize if the contents hereunder are contrary to your moral ethics, But please treat it with absolute secrecy and personal courtesy.
If my ethics were don't you think I'd try to figure out how to report it (if I thought it was real) as there would undoubtedly be a reward. Sure not as much, but totally legit.
I am Paul Guei an Auditor of a Bank here in the Benin Republic, in the the process of auditing our bank accounts I and one of my colleagues discovered that there is a dormant account Dormant account? Has it been over 50 years? valued at the sum $15,000,000.00 (Fifteen million united states Dollars) and after due verification of this account we discovered that the account owner died On the 25th of July 2000, the deceased, his wife and their two Children died in the Air France concord plane crash bound for New York in their plan for a world cruise. Below is the website you can check if need be.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm
How handy for you, there were 3 families wiped out on that flight, you vulture

The idea of presenting somebody who is not related to our deceased customer to act as his next of kin came into our mind, Me too. Because no one would question the fake documents you will probably tell me I have to purchase that is how and why we have contacted you to present you as his next of kin , so that the $15,000.000.00 will be paid to you and we can both disburse the fund according to the percentage we will agree on. In view of this, I am seeking for your co-operation and understanding to stand as the next of kin to our deceased customer, to enable us claim the fund from my bank. Hence, If this proposal is OK by you and you do not wish to take undue advantage of my trust, in a total stranger...You bet I will. Sheesh there's one born every min. then I hope to bestow on you. Please kindly get back to me immediately, to enable me enlighten you on how we are to proceed. On getting your response, we shall agree on the percentage of disbursing the $15,000,000.00 between us, as we intend to invest part of our own share in real estate business in your country, and we would appreciate if you can put us in the right part investing in your country. Man did they think some real estate mogule was gonna get this and go, "What a deal! Free money and then profit from their share too!I will not contact any person or company until I hear from you, so as to enable me decide on what to do next.
Be rest assured is that be rested like RIP or is that like assured of arrest?
that this business is 100% risk free. We await for your prompt response.

Regards,

Paul Guei

NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU ARE NOT RELATED TO MY LATE CUSTOMER, THE FUND WILL STILL BE PAID TO YOU, SINCE WE ARE PRESENTING YOU AS HIS NEXT OF KIN.

I always knew I had a rich Uncle...what was his name again?
The Benin Republic Banks have been linked to these scams time and time again. You'd think they would open a new bank or at least pick a new country to abuse.
So lets learn a little about the Benin Republic
Gross National Product (GDP) US$ million : 2,401
Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per Capita $ : 380
National Currency : 1 CFA Franc = 100 Centimes
Okay that's enough. I just don't buy that it would take a dishonest auditor 5 years to notice 15 mil. with no activity. Granted it's off shore, and most of the banks are french or european, but I don't buy that every dead rich guy had his money there and if they did...maybe someone should start looking at the bank

4 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Johnny Menace said...

Jesus they obviously need the money they only have 1 TV station. besides i'm sure if you save your money this year you could buy half of the country.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Perdita said...

JM: I can totally think of better things to spend my money on than some disease and pestilent ridden place

Allison
I saw that one too, and almost bought into it because Bill Gates is just the type of geek to do a usability test that way, but then I realized I wasn't even using Microsoft.
The one that got all my friends was the forward and get a free case of champagne...seemed like a good marketing ploy...too bad it was just a ploy.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Deepak Ravlani said...

Ya. I agree with U guys whole heartedly. I've also gone thru this kind of crap but now as V know everything who cares wht some1 has left somewhere!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Amit said...

That is pretty funny . I have been similarly scammed before

BTW - Do you care to follow the Rabbit Hole ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home