Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Event Planner"

They are going to hire an Event Planner for me. An event planner? For me? What do they think I DO?

I know I've been really busy lately, and I realize that with the (recent and continued) addition of executives my work load will only be increasing, but I like planning these events. Most of the time it is this lovely place I go to take a break from presentations, letters, reports and filings. It is the creative and widest of my canvases. It is also the only thing I get wide and public props for.
I wouldn't mind if the Event Planner took over Disney. I HATE Disney and their Magical kingdom. You try having a "Magical Day" after butting heads with a giant corporation that peddles in false promise and dreams of mythological proportions.
But what about the rest of it?

It's a political move (hiring this under-employed person) so I hold in the back of my mind this will not be permanent.
Why couldn't they just have gotten me a receptionist or secretary?

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Charlotte said...

well, on the bright side, it might free up a few extra mins in your day so you can keep entertaining us with your blog writing. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home